If you would like to access independent assistance, there are several options available to you. Below is a list of external, independent advocates that you can contact for help and advice.
9479 7566 (metro callers)
1800 655 566 (country callers)
Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
Alzheimer's Australia WA National Dementia Helpline
Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc. is committed to providing high quality care and services. We support your right to make a complaint, provide feedback or comment about our services. We comply with the below industry legislation and are always looking to improve our services. You have the right to personal privacy, be involved in the decisions that affect you, be treated with respect, receive quality care that meets your needs and to receive advocate support.
We comply with:
- Aged Care Act 1997 and Aged Care Principles 1997
- Disability Services Act 1993
- Fair Trading (Retirement Villages Code) Regulations 2015 (WA) (containing the Code of Fair Practice for Retirement Villages 2015)
- Mental Health Act 2014 (WA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 (WA)
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
- Residential Aged Care Accreditation Standards (Cth)
- Residential Tenancies Act 1987 (WA)
- Retirement Villages Act 1992 (WA)
From time to time there may be other legislation that may need to be considered.