If you would like to access independent assistance, there are several options available to you. Below is a list of external, independent advocates that you can contact for help and advice.
9479 7566 (metro callers)
1800 655 566 (country callers)
Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
National Aged Care Advocacy Line
Australian Retirement Villages Code of Conduct
Email for Complaints: email@example.com
Alzheimer's Australia WA National Dementia Helpline
Mental Health and Advocacy Service
Health and Disability Complaints office
Accessible: National Relay Service - 1800 555 660
Mental Health Law Centre of Western Australia
National Disability Insurance Commission (NDIS)
1800 035 544 (free call from landlines) or TTY 133 677. Interpreters can be arranged.
Language and Interpretation Service
Please refer to the language services on Department of Home Affairs:
For unresolved complaints or concerns about Australian Government funded aged care (such as Home Care Packages) contact the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission on 1800 951 822.
Your experience can make a difference, which is why your feedback is important to us. We want to hear what we are doing well and where there are opportunities for us to improve.
If we receive your feedback or complaint on a weekday, you will receive an acknowledgement within 24 hours. If you contact us on a weekend, you will receive acknowledgement on the next business day.
We comply with:
- Aged Care Act 1997 and Aged Care Principles 1997
- Disability Services Act 1993
- Mental Health Act 2014 (WA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 (WA)
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
- Residential Aged Care Accreditation Standards (Cth)
- Residential Tenancies Act 1987 (WA)
- Retirement Villages Act 1992 (WA)
- Retirement Villages Regulations 1992
- Fair Trading (Retirement Village Interim Code) Regulations 2020
- Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (WA) Act 2010
- National Standards for Mental Health Services
- NDIS Practice Standards and Quality Indicators
- NDIS Code of Conduct
- Licensing Standards for Private Psychiatric Hostels
From time to time there may be other legislation that may need to be considered.
Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc. and Southern Cross Housing Ltd. are committed to providing high-quality care and services.
We value your feedback, including complaints and compliments.
Please use this form to document your feedback and what actions you would like us to take.