Providing enjoyable dining experiences for our residents
At Southern Cross Care (WA) we are committed to providing dining experiences that are thoughtfully created and full of choice.
We know residents who enjoy their dining experience are more likely to eat and drink well, enhancing their quality of life and reducing the risk to their overall health.
Our chefs and hospitality team take great pride in preparing delicious, home-cooked meals with a range of choices on offer.
Our menus are reviewed for summer and winter dining, with residents providing feedback and suggestions to help build menus that are appealing to them.
The care needs and cultural demographics of our residents are also taken into consideration with all menus reviewed by a dietician to ensure they are nutritionally appropriate and meet the Australian Dietary Guidelines and the Aged Care Quality Standards.
All meals are plated with care and served to residents either in our intimate dining rooms or a location of their choosing.
Residents also receive daily menu cards and menu boards to increase their understanding of the selection available and lift their overall dining experience.
What's included in the dining experience?
- Choice of on-site freshly prepared meals every day
- Flexibility in meal requirements. Special meals can be provided on discussion with the catering team
- Choice of dining locations to suit residents’ daily preferences. This includes main dining halls, intimate dining spaces which encourage a more homely environment, or in their rooms
- Residents receive detailed daily menu cards
- Fresh produce using local suppliers where possible and local foods when in season
- Dietician approved, nutritionally balanced meals to optimise health and wellbeing
- Delicious morning and afternoon teas each day
- Friendly service by our professional care and hospitality teams
Who designs the menus?
Following advice and recommendations from our Food Focus Groups in 2022, our Head of Hospitality Vineeth has worked with residents to create a new Summer Menu which is packed full of fresh and nutritious ingredients.
Our food focus groups are held at each of our facilities, encouraging residents to share their favourite foods and recipes for inclusion in upcoming menus.
Here's what the residents chose:
Southern Plus East Fremantle