Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc. (SCC), one of Western Australia’s leading providers of quality care, health and lifestyle services has launched a new brand – Southern Plus – which will offer the next generation in health and wellness.
SCC Acting CEO, Jane O’Halloran said SCC had developed Southern Plus in response to clients’ increasingly complex health care needs and their desire for greater flexibility and options in how they receive lifestyle and care services.
“We understand that our clients want more lifestyle and care options as they age, in order to live a full life and maintain their independence for as long as possible. We’re confident that Southern Plus will enable them to do this.
“Importantly, Southern Plus is about providing more than just care to our clients. It is about being able to help them achieve what they want in order to truly enjoy life as they age, by providing flexible health and wellness solutions, enabling them to manage chronic disease and to live at home for longer,” she said.
Some of the health and wellness services offered by Southern Plus include:
- Allied health services including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dental and podiatry.
- Use of assistive monitoring devices to enable clients to self-manage chronic conditions, and link the information to our health management system ‘cdmNet’.
- Innovative home care promotions and packages such as ‘Happy Feet’ and ‘Hospital to Home’ offering value for money services to cater for particular conditions or events.
- Meal preparation to ensure clients continue to enjoy nutritious meals to stay fit and healthy.
- Clinical care provided by nurses in clients’ homes to help manage chronic disease or other health issues such as wounds or insulin injections for diabetes.
- Transport to enable clients to attend social events or appointments.
- Specialist support for mental health conditions including dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Access to respite centres.
In the future, there will be many other innovative services to be offered by Southern Plus including:
- State-of-the-art health and wellness facility in Fremantle to improve the long-term care and health outcomes for the local ageing community.
- Health and Wellness Hubs in Ridgewood and Currambine to enable couples to age in place together in modern architecturally designed properties that offer easy access to community, medical and lifestyle services.
- The use of the latest technology to help Southern Plus collect clients clinical information, ensuring a more streamlined and individualized care plan.