There are multiple active COVID-19 positive locations in WA. If you have visited an active location, you are not permitted to enter an SCC residential care home or site.
Check the wa.gov.au website for latest information.
Welcome to the Southern Cross Care (WA) COVID-19 Information Page
Here you will find information about the Novel Coronavirus global pandemic, how we are responding to it, and how you can play your part as a member of the Southern Cross Care community.
At all levels of Southern Cross Care (WA) – from our Board and Executive through to our care and support teams – we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation in Western Australia and working hard to protect residents, clients, our staff/volunteers, and those who visit our facilities.
We are following the advice of health agencies and taking our own proactive steps to protect against the spread of the virus. There’s a lot we are doing, including:
- Strict infection protection measures at our sites, including rapid antigen testing (RAT) at care and community sites, as well as rigorous personal hygiene practices and cleaning;
- Controlled access for staff, volunteers, visitors, and contractors to all residential and service locations;
- Preparing for any disruption to supply of essentials such as food, personal protective equipment, or medical consumables;
- Trained incident management teams in place who meet regularly to develop, monitor, and coordinate our COVID-19 actions; and,
- Collaborating with other major care providers to share experiences and identify best practice.
These measures and others are part of ensuring Southern Cross Care is well equipped to respond to COVID-19 and lessen any impact it may have on providing high-quality care to our clients and residents.
The health and wellness of all who enter our facilities is of utmost importance to us; we thank all those involved for doing their part to keep our community safe.