There are multiple active COVID-19 positive locations in WA. If you have visited an active location, you are not permitted to enter an SCC residential care home or site.
Check the wa.gov.au website for latest information.
Welcome to the Southern Cross Care (WA) COVID-19 Information Page.
Here you will find information about the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic, how we are responding to it and how you can play your part as a member of the Southern Cross Community.
At all levels of Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc. – from our Board and Executive, through to our care and support teams – we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation in Western Australia and working hard to protect residents, clients, our staff/volunteers, and those who visit our facilities.
We are following the advice of health agencies and we have put the following safety protocols in place to protect against the spread of the virus.
Visiting Hours for Residential Care
- 10:00am – 4:00pm
- The current WA State Government restriction on visitation to residential care homes is, two visitors at a time per resident.
- Bookings to visit are required and should be made through Zipline. If you are unable to book online, please call reception.
All visitors must comply with the following safeguarding measures:
- Please sanitise your hands upon entry;
- Please sign in and out using Zipline;
- Submit evidence of your negative RAT or proof of contracting COVID within the last 4 weeks (e.g. doctor's letter, WA Health notification);
- All visitors are to always wear a disposal surgical-grade or N95 facemask when inside the home;
- Visitors must have their body temperature taken on Zipline to ensure it is below 37.5 degrees Celsius;
- Please do not come to our site if you are feeling unwell. Telephone, video, or window visits can be arranged;
- All visitors need to show proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination and 2022 winter flu vaccination; and,
- Please comply by following any instructions from staff members.
These measures and others are part of ensuring Southern Cross Care is well equipped to respond to COVID-19 and lessen any impact it may have on providing high-quality care to our clients and residents.
The health and wellness of all who enter our facilities is of utmost importance to us; we thank all those involved for doing their part to keep our community safe.
Partners in Care in Residential Age Care
The Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc. Partners in Care safety programme provides family members and friends of those in residential age care with knowledge and training in infection prevention and control needed to continue to provide care and companionship to their loved ones during a period of COVID-19 visitor restriction.
During a COVID-19 outbreak, visitation to all Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc. residential facilities is restricted to trained staff and family members who have completed our Partners in Care safety programme, capped at 1 person per resident, with visits to be no longer than two hours in the resident’s room.
For more information or to register you interest for the Partners in Care programme, please phone 1300 669 189 or visit Partners in Care safety programme.